Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Virtual Teams

I first heard of virtual teams this semester when our professor met with us via Blackboard and assigned us to different teams. I did not know what to think about it at first because I had never been part of one. Well, eight weeks into the semester I can truly say that I am blessed to work with educators who are dedicated, knowledge-hungry, and cooperative. Kerrick Mapson and Vanessa Gonzalez are amazing people to work with because they are always enthusiastic and willing to share their knowledge with me. I have learned a lot from these two awesome colleagues.

In all of my course evaluations I have suggested that we work in at least one project in groups so that we could learn from others with our same aspirations. I guess my prayers have been answered. At first it may be scary working with others not knowing if they are procrastinators or if they are open-minded, but I believe working in teams is something we must all learn to do because they are becoming a "fact of business life", as Michael Watkins put it in "Making Virtual Teams Work: Ten Basic Principles".

I think this would be a great way to create PLCs with teachers and leaders from around the world and see what works for them.

If you get a chance, please watch the 3-minute video on a program that deals with helping companies manage global virtual teams.



No comments:

Post a Comment